Friday, May 22, 2009

Ahh, my blessing cup is full

This week has been an incredibly full week of blessings. Last weekend I started reading a book called "Loving What is" by Byron Katie. I just love the ideas and concepts I'm learning. It basically says that nothing is making you sad, angry, depressed, or any other emotion, your thoughts are making you feel those feelings. So I've been able to drastically improve the stability of my moods. Instead of thinking, Barry is making me mad, I think, my thoughts are making me mad.

Last weekend we went to Conway for Josh's state soccer tournament, while Sami stayed in Fayetteville trying out for Color Guard. She made the guard!!! Yippee! During the tourney it was often that I got frustrated with other parents, the refs, whatever. I was able to immediately use the Loving What is to help control my thoughts. Josh's team won their division of the state tournament, so we were riding on cloud nine all the way home.

This week I attended several different networking events that were fun and great connections. I also reconnected with a friend that is very interested in helping me launch my speaking career and he is also in a position to make a very big difference in how fast my launch goes. So be in prayer about that.

I guess I should finish the homework he has given me. It seems that God has big plans for me and I have to be ready. Success is when preparation meets opportunity.

No comments: